Thursday, May 10, 2018

His and Her Marble Sinks

This bathroom is beautiful and very well thought out. I love the two marble sinks with the high back splashes and sides against the shiplap wall fitted with sconces and hanging mirrors. The cabinet with drawers and shelves in the middle is handy for both sides and eliminates the need for built-in vanities which would hide the beautiful walls, baseboards, and penny tile floor. The brass fixtures are lovely and the pipes, though functional, are now statement pieces. Now if only we could see the rest of the room! via
UPDATE: A wonderful reader found the link for a complete tour of this house showing another view of the bathroom too. Thanks Lesliec.

5 comments:

Lesleyc said...

here's the rest of the house which is just as beautiful https://homeadore.com/2017/02/22/home-in-mutiny-bay-by-hoedemaker-pfeiffer/

Pam said...

Love those marble sinks, and since I find symmetry pleasing, this area clicks with me. Yes, I'd like to see the rest of the room, too!

Content in a Cottage said...

Pam -- We are in luck. Lesleyc found the link to see the rest of this lovely bathroom and a complete tour of the whole house. Hooray.
xo, Rosemary

Content in a Cottage said...

Lesleyc -- THANK YOU SO MUCH. I adore the other view of this bathroom and the tour of the whole house. Thanks for the link. You are the BEST.
xo, Rosemary

Pam said...

I enjoyed the tour so very much! So much attention to detail. Thanks, Lesleyc! I wasn't surprised when I saw one of the architects' names was Hoedemaker. I'm a big fan of his work. In fact, he and his wife built a lovely cottage in the San Juan Islands, that was featured (years ago) in Cottage Magazine. I saved that issue and plan to incorporate some of its details into a retirement home, someday.